- Start Fresh – Give your home a nice deep clean. Now is the time to do it before it is filled with furniture, toys, books and more. Take the time to clean the floors, baseboards and windows. It will help to take these steps in the beginning rather than later when you have to move rugs, furniture, and curtains.
- Check Out The Local Market – Along with starting fresh when it comes to cleaning, you can also start fresh with the food in your home. Find a local market nearby and select delicious foods to stock up on.
- Find the Essentials and Unpack As You Go – Take the time to find the necessities and important things first when you are unpacking. Also, remember to unpack as you go and not try to get everything out of the boxes at once. You have all the time in the world to unpack your new home, organize it and make it just how you want!
- Meet The Neighbors – Grab the kids or put the dog on the leash and go for a stroll around the block. Take the time to introduce yourself to anyone that you see out and let him or her know you are new to the area.
- Get Some Sleep – We can be quickly overwhelmed and want to unpack and finish everything right as we move in. As mentioned in step 3, you have plenty of time to unpack and organize. Allow yourself to catch up on some sleep and start new the next day.
There are so many things to get done after moving into your new home. Which things do you typically like to start on first?