Here are some very good tips for sellers who are looking to sell their home:
– Make sure your home has curb appeal. Keep the lawn manicured add a pop of color with flowers.
– Make sure the inside of your home is neat and organized. Make sure it is not cluttered.
– Remove the personal photographs and other things that make it YOUR home. You want a buyer to be able to
envision themselves in the home.
– Make sure your home smells GOOD. NO pet odor or garbage smells! You would be surprised at the amount of
sellers who don’t do this. Light a candle or have a light fresh fragrance throughout the house. Nothing
-Stage your home with your own furniture. Make each room look inviting and like a show piece. Sometimes
this requires moving out some pieces to open a room up and make it look more spacious.
– We all have our own opinions on colors so in doubt go neutral. If a room needs to be touched up or if
you have some busy wallpaper consider changing it to neutral as to not throw off a buyer.
– If you know the home needs some updating add a budget for that item in the listing. Say the counter tops
are old or a bathroom is really dated, offer an allowance for that. Most of the time buyers will make a
lower offer do to updating needed. This helps them say oh well that is not a big deal.
– Make sure all light fixtures and doors are in working order. You want the buyer to feel that this home
has been taken care of.
– If you are a seller who wants to be there at each showing, then why did you hire an agent? Buyers like
to speak freely and it makes them uncomfortable when the seller is present. Make your listing agent be
These are a few great tips for selling your home ! Call Dargan Real Estate with all of your Real Estate needs. 843-712-2585