I think we all agree that no one likes a pest. That is, after all, why they are called pests. Homeowners prefer to live in pest-free homes for their own comfort and well-being, and potential buyers certainly don’t want to see pests roaming free in a property they are considering for purchase.
Pests of all kinds can especially be a problem in warm and humid climates like Myrtle Beach. However, they can be kept away by enforcing a few time-proven methods.
Pest Control Tips
1. Promptly fix leaky faucets and other plumbing issues.
2. Ensure all food is tightly sealed and stored away. Take out the garbage frequently.
3. Keep the kitchen sink clean and never leave dirty dishes lying around the house.
4. Sweep and vacuum floors often and quickly wipe up spills with soap and water. Clean all floors at least once a week and the kitchen floor twice a week.
5. Don’t leave pet food sitting out overnight. Groom pets frequently and treat them with flea and tick prevention.
6. Store all fruit and other produce in the fridge.
7. Keep the outside of your home free of items that attract pests. For example, don’t stack wood against the house and don’t leave piles of leaves in the yard.
8. Trim plants to prevent pests from climbing them to gain access into your home.
9. Clean gutters often to remove leaves or any other debris that may harbor insects.
10. Caulk and seal crevices around cabinets and baseboards, as well as place screens in front of heating and cooling vents, to block potential entry points.
If you currently have a problem with a particular pest, Lowe’s offers tons of helpful tips to battle specific unwanted guests.