Love is in the air! While you spend time showering your sweetheart with adoration, don’t forget to spend some time giving your home a little TLC as well. Just like a relationship, maintaining a home requires some effort and here are the top five ways to give your home the Valentine’s Day love it deserves!
- Buy it flowers. If you’re looking for a simple way to bring life to any room in your home, consider adding some flowers. A bouquet of flowers can be used to brighten up a dull area or also used as a colorful centerpiece. You can finally put that old vase to use and give your home the splash of color and life it desperately needs!
- Add some “jewelry”. Women love jewelry because it adds a fashionable accent piece to any outfit. While you can’t buy your home a sparkly diamond ring, you can still treat your home to some new additions. Brighten up the room (literally) with a stylish new lamp, find a piece of funky artwork to liven up the wall, update your sofa with some accent pillows, or add some patterned curtains to the windows.
- Give it some TLC. We’ve got six more weeks of winter this year and spring cleaning has never seemed further away. This year, forget about waiting until spring to purge your home of stains, dirt, and grime. Show your home you really care with a professional cleaning or some 1-on-1 attention in a particularly dirty room. No matter if you hire a professional to deep clean your entire home or simply focus on giving your carpets or floors a little extra TLC – your home will thank you.
- Try a makeover. Tired of the same look? You can give any room in the house a makeover without breaking the bank! Add a fresh coat of paint to the walls, try adding wallpaper to one wall to create an accent wall, recover a piece of furniture, or paint over an old canvas and create a new piece of art. You can also rearrange the furniture, add some baskets for the blankets and add a few new plants – all of these simple tricks can make an old space feel new!
- Get bold! Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone when it comes to your home. Give your home a little extra love this year by embracing some of the seasons hottest trends. Adding velvet to your home decor is a bold way to add style to any room! Whether you want to start small with a few velvet pillows or fully commit with a velvet couch, this will give your home the edge it needs.
If you’ve been looking for an excuse to make a few changes to your humble abode, Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to get creative and show your home a little love!