photo courtesy of This Old House
Curb appeal is the attractiveness of a property’s exterior appearance. Several attributes that help create great curb appeal include pleasing color schemes, inviting landscapes, and charming walkways.
Thinking about adding to your property’s curb appeal? A few ideas are listed below to help you get started!
10 Ways to Increase Curb Appeal
1. Give the front door a punch of color with a fresh coat of paint. Garnish your new door with a wreath that reflects the interior style of the home.
2. Replace old hardware (house numbers, knobs, wall-mounted overhead lights, etc.).
3. Add outdoor lighting by illuminating a walking path. Consider solar lighting if you don’t have the wiring capabilities.
4. Makeover the mailbox or replace it altogether. Consider painting the wooden post a color that matches the home or plant a few flowers around it.
5. Add shutters or accent trim to plain windows. Consider adding a window box with plants or fresh flowers.
6. Renew paint, siding, and trim to keep things fresh.
7. Edge the driveway with bricks or stone. Get creative with different patterns.
8. Install new garage doors.
9. Manicure the lawn by cutting back trees and bushes.
10. Rinse dirt off the property’s siding, shutters, gutters, and sidewalks with a garden hose or consider renting a pressure washer.
photo courtesy of HGTV
photo courtesy of Better Homes & Gardens
Can you think of other ways to increase curb appeal?
Let us know!